Yes, it is a ghost. No, I am not trying to scare your healthcare organization.
Snapchat is a popular mobile app that came onto the social media scene in 2011. Snapchat allows you to send videos, photos, and messages. Snapchat has 100 million daily active users, and they send 700 million snaps per day (that’s a lot,right?). Snapchat has potential to become one of the largest social media platforms EVER (maybe the purpose for the ghost is to scare away other social media platforms, perhaps?). For that reason alone, your healthcare organization should hop on the Snapchat wave.
BEFORE I START, YOU WILL NEED TO KNOW SOME SNAPCHAT LINGO….
- Snapchatters – Snapchat users.
- Story – A snap you could broadcast to followers (followers can view it for a unlimited amount of time for 24 hours).
- Snaps – Photos and videos taken via Snapchat, then sent to your followers and/or placed in your story.
- Snapback –A reply to a snap.
- Chat – When you are able to privately/ directly message followers.
NOW THAT YOU KNOW THE LINGO, ON TO WHY YOUR HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATION SHOULD USE SNAPCHAT…..
First thing….slim to none competition!
Only 2% of businesses use Snapchat, which means your healthcare organization has a great opportunity to stand out and shine. And wait for it….you will be able to share unique content with followers.
The 2% of businesses who are using Snapchat loves it. WHY, you asked? Maybe because it is privacy friendly, it does not matter when they post, and they are able combine a series of snaps together to create a longer piece of content.
USING SNAPCHAT TO YOUR HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATION ADVANTAGE…
I am sure you are wondering, what you will get out of using a mobile app for your healthcare organization….well I will tell you!
- The opportunity to get creative by combining videos and images together (even having a chance to doodle on your snap).
- The ability to get your healthcare organizations purpose/story out into the public’s eye by telling stories.
- And last by not least, you will be able to BRAND.
HOW TO GET YOUR SNAPCHAT HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATION NAME OUT THERE…
- Promote your Snapchat account on your other social channels, websites, and even your blogs.
- Use your story to give your followers the full experience of your healthcare organization (I can’t stress the importance of this enough).
- Spread awareness for your healthcare organization and use holidays for predictable content.
AN EXAMPLE IS ALWAYS A GOOD THING….
Women’s Health uses Snapchat to enhance health within women of different ethnicity backgrounds. On their Snapchat account, Women’s Health gives beauty tips, fitness tips, and even recipes. They have giveways and tell the stories of the multiple women using their Snapchat account.
NOW THAT YOU HAVE AN EXAMPLE,REMEMBER…..
Snapchat is different, Snapchat is fun. As long as your healthcare organization use one-on-one communication, and tell stories, you will have one of the best and most successful Snapchat experiences EVER!! Happy Snapping….
Words of Knowledge,